Saturday, September 15, 2012

Daily Journal: Post Seven

I attempted to work on potty training with DD today. I'm glad to know that she likes wearing her panties, and she'll sit on her potty at random times. She knows when you ask if she has to pee pee that means sitting on the potty, because she goes straight to it. Now to just get her to PEE in the potty! She peed twice in her pants and twice in the floor today. And when she wet her pants, she got mad when I took the wet ones off of her! Weird brat! lol I know that while today seems unsuccessful, it was progress. When DS was little, I literally just stripped him down and sent him outside. When he learned what it was like to pee, we worked on not peeing in his pants. So, potty training from this angle is different. 

I tried a DIY cleaner on the floor tonight (since it was peed on twice). I know that vinegar is amazing when it comes to cleaning, so I got off my bum and used this recipe I found surfing the net. The measurements are however many parts to how much you're wanting to make. I used a 1 cup measuring cup to make mine. 

1 part 70% rubbing alcohol
1 part white vinegar
1 part water
a few drops of dish liquid.

You mix everything together and then pour into a spray bottle. 

tada! easy to make, easy to use! 
I'm impressed with it. My floors look clean and they aren't sticky feeling. There's no streaks as well! 
I also read that you can take just 1 part vinegar and 1 part water and use as a multipurpose cleaner? Maybe I'll try that next. I want to invest in some of those oils you can put in the floor cleaner. I like the smell of clean, but the smell of vinegar is a bit overbearing....

Back to the weird side of my mind. 
I found another name for my name lists. Though, this one is a definite guilty pleasure name. 
December

Yes, for a little girl. She could go by Deci(pronounced like Desi), Emme, or Ember. I adore it. 
But, I'm sure it won't pass the DH, so I just stuck it right in the guilty pleasure file. And then I made an online list for my guilty pleasure names :) (I told you, nerd/crazy... it gets worse.)


That's the link to that list :) Feel free to take a peep if you want. 
Other than the above, there's not much to complain about. (lol!) I slept till noon again, but I'm hoping tomorrow will straighten me out. I have to work in the nursery in the morning, so I have to be up by like 7am. That should set me back on track. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment